When routing the plexiglass on the machine i got a little carried away. I had forgotten that I had drilled out the area on the backside of the power switch hole. That led to this:
A nice gouge in the plexi glass and control panel. The power switch was not going to cover this up. I decided that I could form some type of washer. Fortunately I possess an old South Bend lathe for such an occasion.
I machined a small washer that turned out to be pretty attractive.
It turned out so nice in fact that I decided the machine a few more for the remaining 2 cabinets that I’m building.
So much for it being a mistake.